Own the Crescent’s intention is to provide a one-stop resource to help you find the best home for you and your family. We are a partnership of for-profit and not-for-profit housing developers, homebuyer education agencies and Realtors who all share a commitment to the core beliefs that:
- Homeownership is an accessible, beneficial and desirable opportunity;
- Through collaboration, we can ensure that every interested and qualified applicant becomes a homeowner;
Own the Crescent grew out of the Greater New Orleans Housing Alliance in 2012. It is a collective and proactive response to the dramatic and unprecedented need for quality shelter and the unexpected downturn in the housing market resulting from the damage inflicted by Hurricane Katrina.
Through billboards, pamphlets and other printed material, and a toll free “Own Dat” hotline, the public is encouraged to explore the options open to first time buyers and others with housing needs which have not been satisfied since Hurricane Katrina. Additional events and opportunities to meet representatives of partner agencies, plus owners who live in and love their homes, and hear presentations from real estate professionals who are tops in their field, are also available–see our calendar of eventsfor more details.
Own the Crescent, Councilwoman Palmer, Al Johnson, the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors, and the City of New Orleans are pleased to invite you to own a piece of the crescent.
- Associated Neighborhood Development
- Build Now
- Fortuné Development LLC
- Harmony Neighborhood Development
- Jericho Road
- Jerusalem Economic Development Corp.
- Neighborhood Housing Services
- New Community Homes
- New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity
- New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors
- Providence Community Housing
- Preservation Resource Center’s Operation Comeback
- Project Home Again
- Project Homecoming
- St. Bernard Project
- Capital One Bank
- Enterprise Community Partners
- Greater New Orleans Housing Alliance